If you have not visited before, enjoy a great day out in one or more of our Sherborne Golf Club 2022 Open golf events.
Sherborne is a mature 18-hole parkland James Braid designed course which measures just over 6,400 yards from the back tees, playing to a par 72, a naturally gifted course, on a beautiful piece of land. We ensure that it continues to provide the best possible playing surfaces. The club prides itself on its warm and friendly welcome.
The clubhouse and course offer wonderful vistas over the Blackmore Vale to the South and Glastonbury Tor to the North. Sherborne Golf Club situated on Dorset’s top six courses is an enjoyable challenge for all golfers.
Open Competitions 2022 Entry Forms, Start Sheets and Results
Club Opens 2022 - Terms and Conditions of Entry (v3 Feb 2022)
1.All bookings for Opens must be accompanied by correct entry fees; if not, a tee time may not be reserved. On-Line booking is required.
2. All players must have a current World Handicap System (WHS) Handicap Index . Otherwise, the team will not be eligible for prizes.
3. Women Handicap Index limit 30.3, men's Handicap Index 24.0 (whites) and Handicap Index 25.1 (yellows) (unless otherwise specified).
4. Where a team is made up of players from different clubs and any player is a member of Sherborne Golf Club, they will be deemed to be a ‘Home’ team for the allocation of prizes.
5. Competitors will play off the tees as specified for each competition.
6. Juniors are welcome to enter; however, an adult must be present in any group with a playing junior(s). Some competitions will have age specific categories.
7. The closing date for all Opens is two weeks before competition date (unless otherwise specified). No refunds will be given after the closing date of the competition.
8. All Competitions shall be played in accordance with the Rules of Golf as approved by the Royal & Ancient Golf Club of St. Andrews and to the Local Rules pertaining to the course.
9. Ties will be decided by countback using the ClubV1 system and club policy. Disputes will be referred to the competitions committee and any decisions will be final.
10. The prize winners will be announced within 24 hours of the close of play. Results will be posted on the club website within 3 days.
11. Prizes will include products from the Proshop and/or Foremost Golf vouchers (unless otherwise stated) which can be redeemed at any Foremost Proshop, or via the Foremost website. Winners will be notified by email.
12. Smart casual wear is required in the Clubhouse in line with SGC Dress Rules. Suitable golfing attire on the course.
13. Buggies are available (weather conditions permitting)